Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer of '09

My kids.....they crack me up. One of the things about mommyhood that I enjoy the most is watching them when they are in their own element. And happy. Because they can be in their own element and be crabby. Trust me...but for them to be comfortable and happy....is sometimes quite hilarious.

For example, Isabelle with a book; if you could hear her babble you would agree.






Isabelle singing 'Itsy Bitsy Spider'.

Isabelle and her non-stop scare tactics....'boo!'

Isabelle and her love for laying on the floor.


Isabelle and her belly laughs when being chased by the mommy-monster and KNOWING the monster will eat her.

And my little man, Carter. Who, is gorgeously tan and blonde with blue eyes. He is so sensitive and loving. He is my echo, my shadow, my little helper. He is so good at going potty on the potty chair, that for a measly M&M he will squeeze out 2 drops of pee-pee....every 60 seconds....for 60 minutes straight.





He is SO serious about coloring, that he lays himself on top of the table.






He, like his sister, loves the new wagon from Grandma Diane. Now mommy and Daddy can pull both the kids together in a more acceptable contraption than the ole wagon hitched to a car by twine pulled by Simon's leash tied to the steering wheel. Thanks to Grandma, we are a more civilized family.





Complete with flowering baskets and pots hand potted by the most wonderful of all people.






Both my kids are fascinated by water. They love baths. They love pools. They love sprinklers.






Thank goodness it is summer since they are rarely fully clothed and more often than not barefoot.


We are over our horrible illness (hand-foot-mouth), Isabelle finally has her molars in, and she is due in no time for shots. Carter will turn 3 in August. I think he will get Spider man underwear for his birthday.

As for Simon, he has met his match: The Water Bottle. That's right, no more barking in the house!!!!!!

No comments: