Monday, March 14, 2011

And the Doc says....

Poor Jeremy. Went to see the foot Doc again today. He tore off a VERY thick scab that much resembled a dead oak tree, sent Jer through the roof, and left an oozing crater on Jer's foot. Then Jer and the Doc went back and forth about when he could get back to work. It went like this:

Jer: so, when do you think I can get back to work?

Doc: oh boy, I'd say you're looking at 3 more weeks.

Jer: you know I'd be sitting at a desk with my foot on a chair the whole time, right?

Doc: yeah, well you still have some soft tissue damage that needs to clear up.

Jer: so can I give work SOME SORT OF IDEA when I'll be back? I'll have to start on a Friday and I was kinda hoping you'd let me go this Friday.

Doc: well I'd like to see you back next Monday and we'll see how it looks. I may want to take you down to the O.R. and flush it out and do some grafting, but lets just see what it does this week. I think it will heal on it's own, but we have to watch it.

Jer: when can I go back to work?

Doc: we'll see you in a week, get x-rays, check the wound and POSSIBLY the following Friday I'll let you go back on light duty. Your bones are still not healed so you cant put any pressure on that foot.

Jer: When can I go back to work?

My translation of this conversation: Jer will not go back to work for probably 3 weeks, (if its any sooner we are lucky) and the Doc said possibly next Friday just to shut him up. I would have done the same thing!!!! It was really quite entertaining.

Pictures of the healing craters are available upon request. They are disgusting.

1 comment:

Aunt Eileen said...

Poor guy... give him a big hug from me please! And yeah, I'll pass on the disgusting crater pictures, thanks. :D