Saturday, March 26, 2011

Working Man


OoooHhhh can I hear a "WOOT-WOOT"?!?!?!?!

Last night was Jer's first night back at work since January 29th! He worked from 8pm till 6am.

I am excited for this HUGE step in the right direction! Although...........

He says it was boring (booo!) and not the easiest on crutches since the building is huge. I suppose the bathroom is not exactly down the hall like at home, and the break room farther away than our kitchen. And I suppose he had to go all the way outside and 100 feet from the building to have a smoke.....He did however sit on his chair, not sure if he was able to put his foot up all night or not.

He also mentioned that he banged his foot on a step. He still has to wear this boot thing, and he still cant put any weight on the foot, but he says the big bang didn't feel very good.

I'm grumbling as I type. It's a catch-22. You want him to get back to work, but you want him to be safe.

Nothing will make him change his mind now that he has had a taste of reality again, either.

However things work out, I know that one day we'll get there. Jer will be walking again within another month I hope.

No comments: