Thursday, June 21, 2007

What's going on?

HHEELlllooooo!
I've been so crazy busy lately. Carter is very needy, and Isabelle just gets bigger and bigger and eats more and more every day. I think I will start to introduce rice cereal soon....so stay tuned for some good ole messy food shots!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we're still alive, and don't yell at me for not blogging for a few plus some days.

Oh, and the pool is up and ready to go! whooo-haaa! Now, if I only had some time away from the kids to enjoy it peacefully...during the day light hours. Its cool at night, but it's just that...COOL! I'd like to be in the pool when the sun's out to keep me warm!

And the bathroom??? Still exactly the same as last time.
And my sister Lynn??? Still in Cameroon, AFRICA.

This is what she says in her most recent email:

"Hello to all! So, the internet is working! VERY, VERY slow here. It takes like 15 mins just to get on and logged into hotmail! So, where to begin? I am in Africa! Shisong is where we are staying and working. I tell ya, the sanitation here is unreal. So many infections! Oh and get this, they re-use gloves and gauze! Yes, they take a dressing off one person, wash it, and then put it back on another! UNREAL! I did rounds with the MD (the only surgeon in the whole hospital) the other day and we saw so much that just shocked us.for example...using a coke bottle for a catheter bag! they do the best with what they have though. Everyone here is SO nice and welcoming of us though! I cant wait to show you all my pictures and tell more stories! This is just a touch of what goes on here! the roads are so not paved! full of huge holes and red clay dirt! I have a new appreciation for our roads! It is chaos on the roads. no lines and tons of cars and people everywhere! The group I am with is great! We all get a long great. We are getting fed well. the nuns are great cooks. Way too many carbs though. they don't eat a lot of protein, so we are now dreaming of yummy burgers and turkey, and steak and so on! well, I am getting told. to get off the computer now, so I have to go! Well talk more later if I can! talk to you all soon! Lynn"

This is "auntie" Lynn...good pic, huh? Hehehe. She'll kill me.


And Jer and I? Tired and overworked. I need a vacation....hmmm, there's a thought.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for posting what's going on with Lynn. It's good to hear what she's up to and that she's doing well. :)

Lisa said...

Focus! That's right focus...can we go ride bicycles now?