Monday, July 23, 2007

Baby Blankets

My friend, Lisa, is hand dyeing yarn and selling it on the internet. She has created some absolutely devine color combinations, and has more in the works. This is a new adventure for her, and I think she has a great idea. Check out her store Mountain Sheep Yarn, and her blog for pics of all her creations, including dyed yarn, and her own knitted projects.

On the same note, I thought I'd display all of the wonderful blankets that I've received as baby gifts, made by members of my family, and some friends. They are my favorite gifts, by far, because they are all one of a kind, and they remind me of my family members who made them.

And I know I am missing at least one, made by Grandma Violet. This is a patchwork quilt that is at daycare with Carter.

This one for Carter, from Grandma Elrey.

This blanket for Isabelle, from Aunt Peg. (Minus the dog on top.)

This one for Carter, by Grandma Alland.


For Isabelle, with a matching sweater. Again, Grandma Alland.

Cant remember for who, but from Grandma Alland.

For Isabelle, made by Beth.

For Isabelle, from Aunt Robin.

For Carter, made by Aunt Robin.

For Isabelle, from Jer's sister Julie.

This one is HUGE. It was made by Julie, and it fits our king size bed. This one is also on MY half of the bed since I freeze to death every night. It was made for Carter.

This one is for Carter, from Dorothy.

This one is in Carter's crib with him. Aunt Cathy made it for him, and it is the softest, lightest, thickest one we have. LOVE the stuff its made of. I have no idea what that is.

This one is also made for Carter, by good friend, Marilou. Carter sleeps with this one too.

And this one for Carter, by Aunt Peg.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow!!! All of these handmade blankets and quilts are absolutely amazing! I wish I had one-tenth of that kind of talent. :)

Thank you for sharing and for the shameless plug for my yarn endeavors. *wink*