Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Day Off...or not

Carter has an ear infection and tonsillitis, but don't feel bad for him. He's COMPLETELY better by now. And what a wonderful world it is when Carter is happy. :) It makes all of our lives easier. I think he's had that ear infection for a good 1-2 weeks, because he's been a bear for quite a while. Now, he's so fun to be around!!!!

Monday mornings I take him to the Red Giraffe for their "Musical Mondays" program, which is a sing along that lasts all of 10 - 15 minutes, and then they spend the next 30 minutes tearing the store apart playing with ALL of the toys. And the employees don't care, because they said they are "organizing maniacs, and it gives them something to do for the rest of the day"......HA! Music to my ears.
Today is MY day off, with no kids. And it has been perfect so far (its only 8:30....give it time). I was up with Isabelle at 12am, 2am, and 4am (don't ask me why she was up so much, but it drove me NUTS!), so Jer agreed to take the kids to daycare this morning. He is on call, and I am tickled pink that he hasn't been called in yet. This meant that I slept till 8am, while he got up with Isabelle, yet AGAIN, at 7am. I sit here with my coffee in hand, the house is quiet (music to my ears), and I have nothing to do. Okay, I have a ton of things I could do, but lets pretend for JUST A LITTLE while.

Unfortunately for Jer, he will be working on the bathroom on his day off, because I said so. I'm sure he would like to NOT be finishing what HE started, but it has gotten to the point that my beloved Grandmother, who LOVES my children, doesn't like to come over because she has to go down the stairs to use the restroom. And it has gotten so bad, that Isabelle is almost rolling and flopping herself out of her baby bath tub, however, I have no where else to bathe her. And it has gotten so bad, that I think Carter would go pee-pee on the toilet, but I wont start potty training him until we have a freaking toilet on the main level.

Did I happen to mention that it has now been almost THREE months that our bathroom has been out of order?????
Today looks hazy and cloudy and wet. Guess I wont be sitting in the pool all day. Now I'll HAVE to fold all that laundry, and clean all the floors.

And I thought I'd have a day off....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a well rounded family.
Great photos

Uncle Ken

Lori said...

I can certainly relate to the remodeling and mess all over. The kitchen, livingroom, as well as front porch, back porch and room on the other side of the kitchen is tore up. The flooring is now down in all but one room downstairs and today I got some new cabinets, dishwasher put in. The downside is that we thought we would only have to get one countertop replaced, now because the floor and walls in this old house are so not even, we now have to replace both countertops.