Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happenings

I've been waiting to do a new post until all of the 'big events' of our day-to-day lives started to decrease, but I see no end in sight. So, this is what's been happening.

Isabelle is quickly getting bigger and bigger. So big, in fact, that soon she will need a new car seat. Jer and I have decided that it will be much more economical to get Carter a new booster, and to move Bell Bell into Carter's seat that he's been in since he was her age....so so long ago. I've been to almost every store in the area comparing car seats. I've been online comparing car seats, and then back to each store for a 2nd look at all the car seats. I can't decide.

Which, is the sole reason for Belle being in the infant carrier for so long. Do I spend the extra money for the EPP foam lining, or do I get the cheap one with just the plastic and the cover? Since, they all have to pass a safety test, anyway to go on the market. And, do I really write down the measurements for each seat, and then compare them to the measurements in my car to find one that will take up the less amount of space? Or do I just buy the one that Consumer Reports ranks highest?? Even though it may mean that we all may not fit in one car until Bell turns 1? (She has to be rear facing until she turns 1, and then the front seat has to be pushed all the way up almost to the dashboard for her car seat to fit.)
At any rate, there will be 2 new car seats purchased within the next few weeks. And there will be photos. Don't worry.

I've had the opportunity to work some overtime, and, as we all know, Jer just works ALL the time.
Carter and Isabelle enjoyed their first parade a few weeks ago. Isabelle was cheery as a peach, getting passed around the entire time, and Carter started to really get into the swing of the parade during the last 10 minutes of it. (It was 2 hours long.)

Jer has begun a new project, despite our decision earlier this year to invest in new windows, AND NO MORE PROJECTS!!!! And, despite my pleas for plumbing in the newly remodeled upstairs bathroom. And, despite my udder disgust of the dripping pipes in the basement.

Yes, Jer has begun a new project. He has gutted and begun to paint the three season porch. I'm pleased as pie. Can you tell?
I bought a giant bucket of cookie dough, and thought I'd make the cookies to take to the parade. I didn't take the cookies to the parade. Instead, we ate them over the course of a week.

Carter and Snoopy cruised in the Coupe with the help of Daddy,
and Carter decided that it was fun to draw on the Magna Doodle. I think he will be left handed.

And as Carter quickly grew out of the high chair, Isabelle quickly grew into it.





Although, I am COMPLETELY convinced that Carter makes the bigger mess at mealtime, and should be the one messing up the high chair, and not my beautiful dinning room table.


But isn't that what little boys are for??? Certainly little girls don't make messes like these!!!!!!

Our 3rd anniversary is coming up next week, and Jer and I have both taken the day after off in hopes of a relative taking the kids overnight so we can 'raise the roof' and have a late night out....so far, it looks like we will be at home doing the usual -- dinner, clean up, play, baths, bed, collapse. I'm thinking that even if we did ship the kids off for a night at home alone, I'd end up crying for them anyway. So they should just as well be there, and we just as well should stay home. Its cheaper, and maybe not worth the hangover the next day anyway. :)

I'm also taking the following 2 days off of that same week to put together and finish this rummage sale that we started ONCE AND FOR ALL!

During this time off, I would also like to shop for some work pants that FIT me, work on painting the fence, paint the porch (Jer's project), get rid of my cold, and purchase 2 new car seats.

My new work out plan has left me will little to NO free time in the evenings, but I hope to post another blog next week.
Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Here's my 2 cents: just buy one carseat for Carter and have Isabelle use his old one. Even if it is really big turned around (I hear ya!) it's only for another 3 1/2 months before you can turn it around.