Monday, September 10, 2007

Kitchen remodel

Being married is a two way street. There are times when I make decisions and Jer complies, and there are times when Jer makes decisions, and.....I comply.

For example, if I am adamant about buying Huggies over the store brand even though they are 2x the price, he will comply. Since, after all, I am the mommy and SURELY know more about diapers than he does. And, when I insist that I just cannot drive the old car w/o air conditioning because I will die, and demand to take the newer good car, he complies. Since, after all, I am the woman and he SURELY is tougher than I. And lastly, I am usually exempt from taking out the garbage, since he is much better at lugging things around than I. Especially when they stink (unless it is a baby, of course).

With all that said, here is Jer's latest decision that I will comply with, reluctant or not.

*Let me just remind you of the kitchen I was dreaming of. I did want to save the money to completely re-do it in a few years, including knocking out a wall or two and adding a small expansion.

Jer got a wild hair and decided that we need to re-do the kitchen with whatever money we can afford RIGHT NOW (without finishing the plumbing in my upstairs-almost-finished bathroom) and have it finished in the next 2 months. Not my idea of planning a remodel, but, this is how my husband makes decisions, and sometimes I have to comply. So, I am working with him.

We picked out a possibility for tile, some new curtains, and decided we were painting the cupboards, and agreed on some new hardware. Also, he wants to build an island for the middle of the room. I'd like a new appliance or two. So, the saga begins...

BUT DON'T WORRY, I'LL BLOG ALL ABOUT IT!

No comments: