Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Monsters in Monsterville

So some funny things happened tonight after we all got home.
First, Isabelle needed to be fed her baby cereal. I began to feed her, and she began to fuss (just like she did last night). Apparently, Jer is baffeled by this because she never fusses for him. So Jer and I both get in her face, and we are cooing and ooohing, and trying to make her happy so she will eat and not fuss and cry. I'm saying, "oooh, all she wants is a bottle" thinking she's too cranky and tired to eat 'real' food. Since, this was the case last night.

So I put the bowl of food down and marched into the kitchen to promptly fix her a bottle.

Meanwhile, dear sweet baffeled Jer picks up the cereal and starts to feed her, and she eats it, and she likes it.
I look into the dinning room from the kitchen to see her kicking and eating and having a jolly ole time.

Excuse me?!?!?! My jaw dropped.
Did my husband just 'one-up' me??????
So I re-enter the dinning room and we all sit down for dinner, and I finish feeding Isabelle in between my bites of dinner.

I'm still not sure what that was all about, but I found it entertaining.

Then, during dinner, Jer told Carter not to "eat with his mouth open", which I found to be hilarious. Jer was the least bit amused with my laughter following his attempt at discipline. I suppose if he made more sense it wouldn't have been so funny....I'm still giggling.

A few minutes later, Carter began saying "raarrrhhh!" like he's a scary monster. I told Carter that we are eating, not playing, and this repeated itself a few times.
Until suddenly out of the deep dark pits of monsterville, came a gigantic
"R-A-A-R-R-H-H-H-H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" out of daddy's mouth. I had to remind him that 'we are eating, not playing', and again we both had a good laugh because it was apparent that Jer had HEARD what I said to Carter just seconds ago, but obviously wasn't LISTENING.
(I think this happens all the time.)
Sometimes it feels like we are sabotaging each other's attempts at discipline....gee, I'm not sure.



Following dinner came play and then bedtime. Fast forward to the part where daddy's holding Carter ready to take him to bed, and I ask Carter for a kiss. He leans over and gives me my kiss. Then daddy asks for a kiss. Carter leans over and gives him a kiss.

I thought this was fun, so I asked for another kiss from Carter. And holy moly, I got another kiss. Then daddy felt that he too needed yet another kiss, and that lucky duck, he got a second kiss as well!!

I got a third, and daddy got a third, I think we both got up to 6 kisses each, and then Carter interrupted this pattern to point to his bedroom and say "nite-nite!".
It was as if he was saying "this is dumb, and I'm tired." and he nipped it right in the bud.
We laughed, and laughed.
So now, this post needs to be nipped in the bud, because it's 9:31 and past my new bedtime!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Don't you just love the kisses? I think they're the best. :)

Anonymous said...

If you think Carter and Isabelle are monsters, then just wait until the monster under the bed shows up! I think I drove my parents nuts with the monster under the bed AND the one in the closet.

Love,
Greg

ps I suppose watching Twilight Zone didn't help.