Sunday, September 2, 2007

Mommy Confessions

I'm stalling on potty training Carter because:
1. I'm not sure how to do it
2. I'm afraid of the stress
3. I'm afraid of the messes
4. It's easier to just change a diaper

I've got the potty topper, I've got the pull ups...but for some reason I just can't get started.

Conclusion #1. Maybe I should increase the dose of my anxiety medication and try again.
Conclusion #2. Maybe I should suck it up and quit whining.
Conclusion #3. Maybe Carter isn't ready anyway.
Conclusion #4. Maybe I'm making excuses.
Conclusion #5. I need to take a nap and sleep on it.
Conclusion #6. This is getting me no where.

I think I am more part of the problem that I am part of the solution....

2 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

Yes. To ALL of the above. I'm right there with you.

Once you figure it out - please do let me know.

Lisa said...

No worries. He won't go to kindergarten in his diaper. :)