Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Black strappy sandals

This morning after getting dressed for work and seconds before walking out the door, this was me: "For Pete's sake, what did I do with my shoes last night?" They were no where to be found. Not that I have all the time in the world to be looking for shoes in the morning, but I was frantically looking under the bed, under the couch, behind the chairs, on the porch, behind the doors, in the basement, in the closet (I just MAY have put them away, you know). I had even thought to myself, "I didn't leave them outside overnight, did I? Or, did I leave them in the car for some reason?"

I just couldn't figure it out, and I was sure they'd show up sooner or later, so I changed clothes, (I know, that's the part that the men will never understand) only because I couldn't wear those Capri's with any other pair of sandals, and put on a different pair of sandals.

After work, I spoke with Jer on his cell phone, and I asked him if he had seen my sandals. He said that he did, last night, and that Carter had them on the porch, and in the hallway, and that's all he knew.
Well, after hearing that Carter had them last night, that changed EVERYTHING. I went home and searched the house, but with something different on my mind..."if I were Carter, where would I put mama's shoes"....and I looked in the toys, and in his crib, in Isabelle's crib, in his wagon, in his play house outside, and even under his bed. And then it dawned on me. THE GARBAGE.
And sure enough, a couple inches down, under the coffee grounds from Jer's 4am coffee, and under the milk jug, and some other icky stuff...
I found my black strappy sandals.

And then I went out and bought a back-up pair.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL! We have the same garbage can and that's why I hide it in our pantry. Emma loves pushing the top and dropping anything and everything into it, too. :)

Lisa said...

Hey! How come I can't post my usual annoying comments on your newest posts? Trying to block me out are ya? :)