Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chatty Batty

Isabelle, my little 4 month old baby (as of today!) amazes me with her strength, and personality. Maybe that's because I'm comparing her to her older brother when he was a baby, and boy, was he ever a bump on a log compared to her! She is almost rolling over, and I watch her try so hard. She will scoot around on the floor, and kick kick kick! She loves to talk, and will even blow air bubbles out her mouth to mimic me! What a smarty pants! She makes so many more sounds than Carter ever did at this age. But, he is making up for it now. BELIEVE ME.

So, Carter, who will turn 2 in August, has begun chatting up a storm. I pick him up from day care and he's saying "puppy-puppy-puppy-puppy-puppy-puppy", you know how kids do that, they repeat a word without taking a breath of air in between....then he changes the word to "Geo, Geo, Geo, Geo, Geo, Geo Geo..ect., who happens to be the puppy at daycare. Then we are in the car, and now he says "car?-car?-car?-car?-car?-car?-car?-car?, then mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, then daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, dadddy,....you get the picture.

After 10 minutes of this, he just starts babbling...bong, chink, pssst, dap daup,bu dap, bdeep, dabut. its crazy the things he comes up with, and it just cracks me up.

Later in the evening, I was feeding Isabelle on the couch, and Carter pulled off her sock, found her toes, and started to wiggle them one by one while mama said "this little piggy went to market, this little piggy.... I turn my head to look out the window, and Isabelle shrieks at the top of her lungs...Carter has bitten her piggies!!!!!!!! He bit her so hard, and the indentations of his teeth were so deep, that I would have been in pain too. What a naughty boy, and this I told him too.

Jer's hours have been so awkward lately. Since Sunday he's been working second shift, which is 3pm to 1:30am. He comes home, feeds Isabelle, and will stay up for a little bit and come to bed usually by 4am. When I leave in the morning with the kids, he is sleeping. Then when I get done with work at 6pm, he's at work, so I pick up the kids. I feed the kids. I bathe the kids. I put the kids to bed. I wake them up in the morning. I take them to daycare, and do it all over again. Where did our daddy go??? We miss him when his hours are crappy.



No comments: