Thursday, May 31, 2007

Yes, I know, I'm a mama

Jer was asking me tonight, "does it still weird you out that someone is running around calling you mama?"
Because for a long time, Jer and I were still in shock that we had even become a MOMMY and a DADDY...and that we were definately getting older...and it showed.

We were remembering the days (before marriage and children) when we lived in a tiny little 1 bedroom upper apartment, and drove junky cars. Jer would come home from work, I'd come home from class, I'd study and do homework and then join Jer on the couch and we'd watch some t.v....King of the Hill was our favorite. And then we'd ask each other if they were ready to go to bed, because back then we did EVERYTHING together. If Jer was ready for bed, then I was ready for bed, and vice versa. If I needed something from the store, I went. If I wanted to exercise, I did it. If I wanted to talk on the phone, I did. If I wanted to do nothing, I did nothing. You get the idea. Our schedules were WIDE open.

So, back to the original question...does it still seem strange that I'm a mama?

No way, Jose'! It's old news by now.

I am VERY MUCH aware that I have become a mommy. How could I not???? My life revolves around these children. My schedule goes according to Carter and Isabelle's schedules. And every morning when I look in the mirror, I'm reminded of how my body has changed, thanks to childbirth, weight gain, and breastfeeding.

Oh yes, every day, in and out, I am quietly reminded that I'm a mama...and it doesnt seem weird at all anymore. Its is what I live for. It is my primary duty: to help my children grow. Right now, my children are my LIFE. How could I forget.

I think I have come to terms with the fact that I'm not so young anymore. High school kids, they look like babies. College kids, they are just youngens. By the age of 25, you are starting to get wiser....and I thought I was SO grown up at 18.
*****REALITY CHECK********
Life is crazy.
And to think, we have gone from this:

to this:

No comments: