Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Little Instructions

i don't consider myself an overly religious person, but i am a christian, and i do have my beliefs.
yes, i am inspired by god.
unfortunately, i have to admit, i forget he is there day in, and day out.
i stumbled over this book that Greg gave me for Christmas in 1999, and it gave me all kinds of 'warm fuzzies'. some of which, I'd like to share.

1. "My job is to take care of the possible, and trust God with the impossible"....if only i remembered that while giving birth to carter, i would have been nicer.

2. "When Mother Teresa received her Nobel Prize, she was asked, "What can we do to promote world peace?" She replied, "Go home and love your family.".....and i do! i love my family more than anything. although, sometimes its challenging, when you have an uncle like Duane.

3. "Give your troubles to God: He will be up all night anyway"....sounds so nice, but will he feed Isabelle???

4. "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless"....i always feel good for days after someone says nice things about me. i hope i can instill this kindness in my children.

5. "She opens her mouth with skillful and godly Wisdom, and in her tongue is the law of kindness - giving counsel and instruction. Proverbs 31:26"....now why doesn't Jeremy understand that my words are 'skillful and of godly Wisdom'????? he should listen to me more often i think....

6. "The grass may be greener on the other side, but it still has to be mowed"...I'll stick with my own grass, thank you. there are times when i wish i was living a different life, and then carter will say 'ma-ma' and give me a smooch. poof, the thought is gone.

7. "Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence"....i consider carter and Isabelle a work in progress. i do hope they will make me proud. I'm so excited to see!!!

8. "I would rather walk with God in the dark, than go alone in the light"......it sucks to be alone. i wish i remembered that I'm not alone more often. i know I'm not alone, sometimes it just feels like it. i always want to be with the people i love.

9. "The best bridge between hope and despair is often a good night's sleep"....once again, God, do you feed babies???10. "A pint of example is worth a barrel full of advice".....again, i am what my children will mimic. please remind me of this from time to time. thanks.

11. "A coincidence is a small miracle where God prefers to remain anonymous"....i have always been a believer that things happen for a reason. good things, bad things, all things. there is a lesson to be learned, a reward to be given, or an experience to build on. and i believe that god has a plan for us all, and that he is behind everything that happens to us. we just have to open our eyes to it and recognize it to really understand the message.

No comments: